When CA Gen Isn't COOL Anymore
CA Gen is a Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) application development environment marketed by Broadcom, previously known as IEF (Information Engineering Facility), Composer by IEF, Composer, COOL:Gen, Advantage:Gen and AllFusion Gen. CA Gen applications are usually substantial in size and accumulate complex business logic, rendering them difficult to modernise via traditional means. A lack of skilled resources, limited integration, and high costs have led to considerable challenges around maintaining CA Gen.
Most organisations spend nearly 75 percent of their development resources to simply maintain these existing applications, leaving only 25 percent of development resource time to strategise solutions that deliver value to their business.
This whitepaper addresses the business case, challenges, and our unique, automated solution for refactoring CA Gen to a modern, maintainable language such as Java or C#.